- Inga Manskopf, President, was elected to the RBCA board in January 2013 and President in 2015. She lives near Bryant Elementary School and works at Seattle Children’s Hospital for the University of Washington’s Department of Pediatrics. Email.
- Jorgen Bader, Vice President: RBCA’s alternate representative to the North East District Council. Jorgen is a retired assistant city attorney and has been a neighborhood resident since 1950. Email
- Sarah Swanberg, Treasurer: Sarah has been an RBCA board member since Spring 2006 and president from Spring of 2011 to Spring of 2013. She lived in Ravenna between 1997-2002 and has lived in Bryant since 2002. She is an English as a Second Language teacher at Shoreline Community College, and has a special interest in land use and transportation issues. Email
- David Katz, Secretary, was born in downtown Seattle in July 1952. He has lived in Ravenna Bryant since 1957. Educated locally at Bryant, Eckstein and Roosevelt High School, David went to work at QFC in University Village at age fifteen. He was promoted to manager three years later, a role he served in for twelve years. In 1979 David began to work at Ravenna Interiors, a business he owns today. David attended University of Washington’s business school. He is especially interested in fitness and exercise, down-hill skiing and the occasional blackjack game. David was elected to the RBCA Board in 2014.
Land Use Committee | Email
- Chris Fiori moved to Seattle in 2002 to pursue graduate studies, and has lived in Ravenna with his wife, Katie, and son, Theo, since 2012. He is a Principal at Heartland, LLC, a real estate advisory and investment firm. Chris is an active member of Seattle’s planning and development community, currently serving as a Fellow at the UW Runstad Center for Real Estate, and recently having served on the Seattle Planning Commission.
- Brett Frosaker serves on CUCAC (City University Community Advisory Committee) as a representative of the RBCA. Brett is also the Owner and Broker of Columbia Real Estate Group and President of Realty Brokers Inc. He has lived in Ravenna since 2001 and can often be spotted walking or biking through the neighborhood with his sons William and Matthew who are currently enrolled at Assumption St. Bridget School in Bryant.
- Ash Miller lives in Ravenna and joined the RBCA board in 2015.
- Katherine Fountain Mackinnon is a native Seattleite who grew up in Wedgwood and has lived in Seattle most of her life. She attended Wedgwood, Eckstein and Garfield High School before completing a B.A. in Political Science and English Literature at McGill University. She’s especially interested in growing the membership and participation of the RBCA, as well as ushering in quality development and transportation projects. When she’s not volunteering for the RBCA, she’s spending time with her husband and two sons.
- Josephine Pompey focuses on the Laurelhurst area and Children’s Hospital development issues.
Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Sharon Alper lives in Ravenna and chairs the Emergency Preparedness Committee. She joined the RBCA board in 2016.
- David Ward has lived in the Ravenna neighborhood for 16 years. He is active on various community boards including the Ravenna-Eckstein Advisory Council and the Lifelong Recreation Advisory Council. He has written four books, researches how the political and economic system works, and is an activist on numerous local and national issues. In his spare time he works as a banquet server at two downtown Seattle hotels. His interests include transportation, parks, and social justice.
- Michelle Chen was elected to the board in 2017.
- Garrett Cobarr lives in Ravenna and joined the RBCA board in 2016.
- Oralea Howard became involved with RBCA as part of the #Fix65th Street campaign, advocating for a safer NE 65th Street. She lives in Ravenna near the NE 65th Street business district and joined the RBCA board in 2016.