During last night’s Seattle Police Department North Precinct Advisory Council (NPAC) meeting, a representative from the Washington State Liquor Control Board’s Enforcement & Education Division provided information about their marijuana enforcement priorities. Click here to access the handout that includes an overview of planned enforcement activities along with a summary of the new marijuana industry rules.
Police shared safety tips for the holiday season. Some are posted on the SPD website and include the following tips about shopping:
- If you take your children shopping, teach them to go to a police officer or a store security guard if they get separated or lost.
- Carry your purse close to your body, not dangling by the straps. Put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using ATM’s. Also, do not keep your PIN on your person.
- Avoid carrying a large amount of cash. Use credit cards or checks and carry your Washington State Drivers License or ID card with you.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. Criminals may try to distract and confuse you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
- Don’t leave anything of value in your car. Packages and shopping bags should be hidden way from sight. Don’t just cover them with a coat or blanket.
- Park in a lighted area and lock your vehicle doors.
Minutes from NPAC meetings are posted on the RBCA Crime Prevention page.