Last Tuesday, September 24th, about 40 people gathered at the NE District Library to hear what Polygon Homes, Architects from Johnston Architects, Rob Fazio, ASLA, landscape architect and the civil engineer Laurie Phar, PE had to say about the 3.7 acre project on NE 65th between 32nd and 34th Avenue NE. Here are a few key facts that came out of that meeting:
- Polygon Homes will NOT be applying for a contract rezone. The current zoning is NC1-30 along 65th (commercial on ground floor + two floors of residences), LR2 (townhomes), and fourteen 5,000 square foot single family sites. See what our neighborhood is zoned here :RAVENNABRYANTASSOC_2012
- All the units will be for sale (no apartments).
- Adequate parking will be given for both the residences as well as for the commercial units.
- Setbacks will be more than the minimum requirement in areas, in order to accommodate significant trees on the property.
- Both the president of Polygon and the lead architects live within walking distance of the project, and aim to make it pedestrian friendly.
Residents were also able to ask questions as a group, and then again individually with the team.
What do you envision for the streetscape on NE 65th? You can give your feedback on how NE 65th works (or doesn’t work) by completing RBCA’s survey. If you have concerns/input about the CHSW site project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.