UPDATE (Tuesday, April 2): You can download the agenda for tonight’s meeting here.
UPDATE #2 (Tuesday, April 2): The City of Seattle released a plan to improve safety along NE 75th Street.
The fatal incident on NE 75th and 33rd NE that occurred Monday March 25th has deeply affected our community. Representatives from many different parts of the City will be on hand Tuesday, April 2nd from 7-9 p.m. at Ravenna Eckstein Community Center to discuss what we all need to do to prevent a tragedy like this from happening again.
The folks that have committed to coming so far is a formidable bunch, an indication in and of itself that this tragedy is being taken very seriously, and will hopefully be a catalyst for making lasting changes to our roads, and perhaps DUI prosecution.
We’re still waiting to hear from a few officials, but there are a number of folks that have confirmed so far.
- Council Member Tom Rasmussen will be coming with Eileen Whalen, Executive Director of Harborview Medical Center and Dr. Beth Ebel, Director of the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center.
- From the Seattle Police Department, North Precinct Captain Robin Clark will be there to introduce Captain Mike Nolan from the SPD Traffic Section. DUI enforcement experts will also be on hand to answer any questions/concerns the community may have.
- Dongho Chang, Chief Traffic Engineer from the Seattle Department of Transportation will be there to address improvements that can be made to NE 75th. The Director of Transportation Peter Hahn will also be in attendance.
- Members of the law department from the City Attorney’s Office will attend to discuss the prosecutorial side of DUIs.
- The Mayor’s office will also be on hand, should you have questions for him.
- Gina Iandola, Homestreet Bank’s Wedgwood Branch Manager will also be there should you want to donate funds. You can read more about ways to donate on Wedgwood Community Council’s website.
All of the above people are coming to our neighborhood to explain what they know, as experts, and to listen to our community. Please plan to attend this important meeting. If you have any questions/comments etc, please contact Sarah email@example.com.